You don’t have any plan for the summer yet? What about spending 3 weeks in France, to discover its beautiful regions and learn more about cutting-edge technologies and sustainable issues? If you’re lucky, you may even be able to enjoy it for free thanks to one of our French+Sciences scholarships!
💠 What is French+Sciences?
French+Sciences refers to 3 summer programmes, which are fully taught in English and designed for international students in sciences.
Each summer school lasts 3 weeks and combines a mix of French classes, visits to research centers and cultural activities. Participants will be involved in the scientific programme as future professionals, working within world-class firms and research organizations.
By taking part in one of our French+Sciences summer schools, you will have the opportunity to:
- Discover three of France’s most beautiful regions: Brittany, Normandy and Occitania;
- Explore scientific and technical cutting-edge sectors, through site visits to companies, conferences and encounters with specialists in the field;
- Acquire or improve your communication skills in French;
- Share this experience with other international students from all over the world;
- Validate 6 additional ECTS (European credits), recognized by your home university.
💠 When and where are French+Sciences summer schools taking place? On which topics do they focus?
French+Sciences summer schools will take place in FLE centers (centers for the teaching of French as a foreign language). Depending on the summer school you are interested in, you may be accommodated in university residences or host families.
Our 3 scientific modules are built around innovative themes:
- Sustainable transport and energy: this session will be held from 29/05 to 16/06/2023 in Rouen and organized by French in Normandy (FLE center).
- Sustainable development: this session will be held from 04/06 to 24/06/2023 in Montpellier and organized by Accent français (FLE center).
- Science and technology of the Sea: this session will be held from 19/06 to 07/07/2023 in Brest and organized by Ciel Bretagne (FLE center).
If you want to know the details of the programmes of each summer school, please consult the following link: Leaflet French+Sciences
💠 Who can register and how to do so?
- Any young person over the age of 18, who is interested in the sciences and sustainable issues;
- Any English-speaking student (a B2 level is required) who may be a complete beginner in French.
If you are eager to self-finance your French+sciences stay, you can register through the above links. Pay attention to respect the registration deadline: March 31st, 2023 (23:59)!
💠 How to get a French+Sciences scholarship?
The French Embassy in Norway will award up to 10 French+Sciences scholarships to its best applicants for the 2023 edition. Those cover all the costs: transportation, accommodation, cultural activities, French classes and pocket money.
The call for applications is open until March 20th, 2023 (23:59) and results will be communicated by the end of March 2023. To apply, please fill in the form down below (please notice that an English CV is required to apply so make sure to have one ready to upload) ⇩
For any inquiry, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.