The four French Institutes in the Nordic region (Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden) have launched the first edition of the French Institute Nordic Award (FINA) in 2020. The call for applications of the 2022 edition is now open until March 15th 2022.
- What is the French Institute Nordic Award (FINA)?
The French Institute Nordic Award aims to promote the cultural and scientific cooperation between Nordic researchers and French researchers by giving the possibility to have a scientific experience in France.
The FINA award is designed for doctoral students and young researchers. The thematic of the 2022 edition is “the Oceans”. The award intends to establish new collaborations and to reward outstanding research.
- What are the conditions and terms to apply?:
- To carry out a research activity within a Norwegian institution (university, research institute…).
- Currently Ph.D students or young researchers (Ph.D obtained in the last two years) from a Norwegian institution. Young researchers from both public and private labs are welcome to apply.
- A research project related to the ocean topic (geography, biology, geology, zoology, oceanography, energy, environmental science, chemistry…)
- Agree to participate in presentation activities with the French Institute in Norway.
- What is the award?
The French Institute Nordic Award honors the quality and the value of the work carried out by the laureate.
The successful applicants from the Nordic regions are invited for a scientific mobility in Brest, a leading place for ocean research in France. During the visit, the laureates will meet French researchers and visit French marine laboratories.
The objective of this research mobility is to develop the scientific cooperation between Nordic researchers and their French counterparts.
The scientific mobility will take place in the fall of 2022. It will consist of a follow-up of the One Ocean Summit, organized in Brest in February 2022.
More information will be communicated soon.
- The call for applications is open until Tuesday, March, 15th, 2022.
- Results will be communicated in April 2022.
- The award will be given at the French Residence in Norway on Thursday, May, 19th, 2022. On the same day, a webinar will be organized between the FINA laureates. Attendance is mandatory for the norwegian laureate.
- The scientific mobility will be carried out in the fall of 2022.
- How to apply?
For any inquiry, please contact us : firstname.lastname@example.org